Friday, March 24, 2006

Picky PC

Hellooooooooooo..!!

I'm posting using a new computer now.. hehe.. well, not exactly new, it was my senior's.. he got the brand new computer and I got his \(^o^)/ This is so much better than my previous one.. why??

My previous computer was under Pentium 3 processor, with 40G harddisk capacity and only 128 MB of RAM.. it was irritatingly slow!! especially since I'm using it for programming.. with those SQL Server, Visual Studio 2005, Java, etc. installed, I can only operate ONE application at a time, if it was VS.. especially when I was debugging the program.. ok ok so maybe not only one application.. I can run winamp too.. but then the song would go like this "I.. I.. kn.. kno..know..ow.." :P

So yesterday, my senior has cleaned this cpu (his ex) and reinstalled WinXP for me :D .. it had Pentium 4 processor, 60G harddisk capacity (changed it with 80G one) and 256 MB of RAM.. one of the managers said that the RAM still kinda slow for programming but I think I wont even feel it slow since I just moved from 128MB RAM hehe.. and so after that I moved the data from my previous one to this one.. And this morning I was set! At least that was what I thought.. Cos when I just connected the new cpu with my old monitor n keyboard n mouse.. suddenly it just didnt work!!

I was kinda panicked, thought I touched something inside and so it was broken.. huaaaaa... and then my other senior helped me.. and he found the problem!!! hahaha :D know what? turned out that this CPU was very picky!! it dun want my old keyboard, it demanded a new one, the pretty pretty one!! *sigh* when we plugged in the keyboard, it wont turn on.. and when we plugged it off, it would!! and so one of the managers gave me a new keyboard with matching mouse too \(^o^)/

Then another problem came up.. plugged but said unplugged LAN cable.. solved! .. creating new email identity in Outlook Express.. still not solved yet.. why? I forgot the mail server name \(^o^)/ .. it kept prompting me for username and password.. and I'm very sure that I typed them right.. so it must be the server name.. and the only senior who knows it didnt come to work today.. hehehe.. and it was the webmaster's mail!! huaaaa.. what if one the clients got probleeeeeemmm???!! OMG!!! I'm so messed up.. *sigh*

I cant start working today too on my project.. cos we dun have the SQL installation cd rite now in sight :P .. but I still gotta go.. havta install Visual Studio 2005 here.. it's 12.02 pm and I'm still not set! :( hungry...

2 comments:

josey said...

good luck with the new pc and congrats on getting one.

Nitingke said...

Thank you :D