Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Amadeus

Amadeus - Director's Cut.. a rather old movie.. 1984.. right when I was only around 2 years old hehe.. bought the dvd last December I think, but didnt watched it until last night :P Quite interesting to me.. but people do have different taste, dunno whether u will like it or not :D and it's a very long movie too.. 3 hours.. as I said, it's quite interesting for me that I didnt feel bored.. not like when I watched Aviator :P

Shown in the title, the movie tells us about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.. oh but he's not the main character here.. instead it's Antonio Salieri. Salieri managed to be a famous composer in Vienna.. and Mozart was his idol.. but then, when Mozart came to Vienna n they got the chance to meet, Salieri found out that Mozart's talent was the opposite to his behaviors.. he was a conceited, spoiled person, someone who liked to tease girls. He also had the heart of the girl that Salieri laid eyes on. Yet in Salieri's mind, God had sing thru Mozart and the music had always been miraculously amazing. Salieri started to hate him and he started to hate God too for using such a person instead of himself.

Mozart was a person who couldnt take criticism, he often said "It's perfect, I cant rewrite it if it's perfect" even if his music offended the Italians and he was a big spender too.. Salieri saw this as a way to get rid of Mozart.. he spread the news that Mozart was not to be trusted with a girl alone.. so no one wanted to let Mozart be their daughters' piano teacher. Soon, Mozart got broke. But that was not the end of Salieri's acts. He pushed Mozart to the edge, pretending to be nice guy, pretending to be his only friend, at the end he slowly killed Mozart.. or in his opinion, he tortured God..

But after that what happened? As we all know, Mozart became a legendary.. while Salieri? people started to forget him, his music was less and less played.. in fact, I never heard his name before :P I like classical music but I'm not a big fan of it hehehe.. like to play it, but dun like to listen to it.. made me sleepy n dizzy :P

\(^o^)/ wanna find movies about other composers.. :D

4 comments:

dsentanu said...

Itu film yang dulu itu yah... hehe.. lom sempat ditonton... ^^

josey said...

That was one of my favorite movies. I wished he would have taken better care of his health and his wife though. I think I'll go get that movie to watch.

Nitingke said...

@dafdaf: ho oh.. baru inget kalo punya tuh film hehehe.. :D

@josey: yup.. he was lucky to have a wife like that.. n u should get the movie.. fast!! :D

Steve said...

know "RED VIOLIN"? i only watch it in brief, yet found it interesting... And so did your sis; in fact, she really, really likes it, while i hadn't watched it 'til the end, hehehe...

(the movie was played so, so late at night, gosh...)