Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mass Day Off

It's Saturday, the third day of our loooonnggg weekend!!
Last Thursday was "Hari Nyepi" (The Day of Silence or Hindu Lunar New Year).. it was one of our national holidays here and it's coloured red on the calendar (which means holiday).. and since Friday was kinda in d middle, the government makes it a mass-day-off.. soooo.. no work from Thursday till Sunday.. lazy people :P still I'm happy for it.. Yay!!

"Hari Nyepi" is when there is no activities on the entire island of Bali, that includes the airport, and the people there stays home for the whole day long.. while in Jakarta? Long weekend means trip to the mountain.. stay in villas or camps.. but not for my family.. well, and many other families too.. me n my family went to visit my grandparents' (my mom's parents) graveyard on Thursday.. from morning till night.. tiring n hot day!!! we even smell like the sun.. yuck!!

Then I went to the hospital on Friday.. I was planning to give my blood.. been so curious about it, wanna know how it feels.. but then the hospital didnt have the event yesterday and I have to wait for their call until noone-knows-when.. they have to wait for the red cross to schedule it.. it's so weird that hospitals dont stock on blood anymore now.. what if a patient is in an emergency state and he/she needs blood immediately? I mean, I received an email weeks ago about this problem too.. the sender's wife died coz she kept losing blood after giving birth and the hospital had to call the central hospital first, asked for blood..???!! with the traffic jam rate here.. in Jakarta.. it's impossible for them to transfer blood from the central hospital to other hospitals A.S.A.P..!! seriously, it even takes me more than an hour here to drive to a less-than-3-kms-away-place!!!

I left the hospital (in disappointment) and went straight to the mall nearby, bought some cds ("Wow Hits 2006" Christian hits and Lee Hom's *cute guy :P* new cd).. and bought some books too (a comic book and a book explaining about our body :D).. oh and I bought donuts!! \(^o^)/ J.Co's!! it just opened there I guess.. cos I didnt see it 6 months ago hehe.. it was good.. I mean, I usually dun like donuts.. dunno why.. just dun like the taste of donuts.. but J.Co's donuts are different.. still, one thing I dun like.. the icing! it's way too sweet for me.. (I dun really like sweet food)

and Today.. I went to ULP (Universal Language Program), as I did two weeks ago.. listening to Chinese Language class.. then I was planning to go out with my friends.. but then I remembered that today's my cousin's (the one who lives in our house) bday.. and I had to be back before 5 pm.. while my friends were planning to go after 3 pm.. huaaaa.. cant meet them for just half an hour.. not enough time to catch up on their latest news hehehe... so I decided not to go and stayed home playing games till it was time.

Anyway, we (my family and of course the birthday girl) went to have dinner at The Jittlada, a Thai resto near my workplace.. yummyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. but salty.. but I dun really mind since I like salty food :D .. we ordered Sam Muang (I think that's the name.. it's the mango salad).. then green curry (love it!!!) ... Pad Thai (love it too!!) ... Baby Kailan with garlic (yummy!! *sluurpp*) ... Fried fish with Thai spicy sauce (very salty! :(..) .. and Tom Yam Kung (the sour spicy Thai soup.. dun really like it.. hehe..I dun really like shrimp and sour food..) Well, the dinner was a success, turned out that Thai food suits my cousin's tongue, she claimed.. and my dad ordered a birthday cake secretly but my cousin used her sixth sense.. see, when we were wondering where my dad was, she said "he's buying a birthday cake.. and it's chocolate!" .. and it was true huaaaa.. aint fair!! not a surprise anymore.. hiks :( .. but we still had fun!! too bad my mom isnt here.. cos we ate durian ice cream as well (her fave fruit)!!! :D

then we went home and watch Ice Age all over again for the 100th times.. my family is a cartoon fans ('cept my mom).. watching cartoons can never get us bored.. we're going to watch Ice Age 2 on Wednesday :D hehe.. my dad got a free ticket and booked another 3 (for himself, my bro, my cousin, n me) for that premiere night.. cant wait!!! hehehe...

Ok.. it's 1.36 AM and I should go to bed.. tomorrow gotta get up early and go to my greatgrandparents' grave.. uhm and if i'm not mistaken, we're going to my grandparents' (my dad's parents) grave too.. humm... nite nite!! Oh, Happy "Hari Nyepi" for those who celebrates it.. and Happy April Fools Day too!!! \(^o^)/ I got my bro fooled today!! Muhahahaha *evil laugh* ... gniteeeeee!!!

4 comments:

josey said...

I was wondering how you got the weekend off. Well enjoy it while you can. Monday is just around the corner.

Nitingke said...

and tomorrow IS Monday!! hhh.. :( time moves sooo fasttt..

josey said...

Thats something we both have in common. Two different sides of the world and time keeps moving on. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

josey said...

nike, come and join josey land and bring your friends